Our RE Curriculum Statement
At Nicol Mere School, the teaching and learning of Religious Education has a significant role in the development of our children's spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. We believe it is vital that all our children develop a good understanding of a variety of religious traditions and cultures to equip them with the knowledge and skills needed to engage with religious issues and worldwide views in Modern Britain.
1. To have very high expectations in RE across the whole school so that children are ready for an ever changing world with many different religions and cultures.
2. To provide a broad and balanced curriculum which is progressive in knowledge, skills and vocabulary.
3. To develop our children's tolerance and respect to others views.
4. To support and encourage our children to reflect on their own beliefs and appreciate the awe and wonder of the world.
5. To offer children new and exciting opportunities and experiences.
6. To prepare our children for the next steps in their learning journey.
Nicol Mere RE Curriculum